START-UP AND PERFORMANCE CHECK POLICIES
The start-up and performance request must be entered on the Royal Range website 5 working days before service is needed, if in a metro area of coverage and 8 working days, if in an outlying area of coverage.
- The Equipment Start-up Request form must be filled out and approved by the Royal Service Department prior to service.
- The Service Agency must have prior approval before doing the start-up and performance check.
- This service does not cover normal installation functions such as utility connections, etc.
- This policy is for the USA only.
IMPORTANT: Prior to this service being performed all utilities, electric, gas, water, drains as applicable must be connected and in operation. Also, the ventilation system must be in place and operable
Fryers must be boiled out and have oil on hand for the start-up to be completed.
- Pilots will be lit by the Service Agency, if requested by the customer. This service must be performed on the same trip as the start-up and performance check.
- As applicable, prior to the Authorized Agency lighting pilots, the gas piping installation must be tested and approved according to NFPA-54, Part 4 National Fuel Gas Code – Standard – ANSI 223- 1, latest revision, or as dictated by local codes.
- The service agent will check the gas pressure and calibrate any thermostat and perform the performance check per Royal’s start-up and performance check list.
- Royal does not pay for performance checks on spreader cabinets or other non-functioning items. However, visual inspection of these items is expected.
WARNING: If improper or inadequate ventilation or utility connections are encountered, the service agent will give a brief, clear description in the COMMENTS space and inform the customer that the service will need to be rescheduled.
Note: If conditions do not allow the start-up and performance check to be completed when the service agency is requested to do so, repeat calls will be at the responsible party’s expense.
Royal will only pay for one trip per request form.
If warranty work is required, please contact Royal’s service department for such work prior to performing the service (800-796-2414).